Friday, September 21, 2007

Co-Ray: My Testiment To Glowsticking

Duration: 06:43 minutes
Upload Time: 06-07-31 22:53:32
User: kore1989
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

This is my final planned video for the summer. I have school next week, and taking three AP classes, I need to focus on my academics for the next while. This is my testiment to glowsticking. I started practicing at the start of summer, and practiced every night until today. That's two months. Being my final planned video, I had to use the music that first got me on the scene. The exact same song, actually: DJ Baby Anne: Mixtress. This song introduced me to the genre known as electronica, and thusly led me to glowsticking. I have a big thing to thank her for that (though I doubt she'll read this). Glowsticking has changed my life, and all of those changes are only for the better. I still plan to glowstick during the schoolyear, yet I doubt I will be able to as much as I have been. Every chance I get, I will have a pair of sticks in my hand. This video is not for me. This video is not for you. This video is a dedication to the art of glowsticking. I know I'm not the best person to glowstick in a video, but I feel my feelings are sincere and pure. Finally, I want to thank those who helped me all the way. The fine folk at Glowsticking.com. Without them, I'd be a nobody- Someone who had a dream of glowsticking and eventually dropped it because I didn't know where to go. Thank you all. As usual, feel free to criticise- Though I will take this criticization to heart, I want to get the point across one last time, this video is testimonial. Thats not to say that I want you to sugar coat things. I have no means to edit my videos. So, I had to be perfect in every way. That didn't really happen, but it's the thought that counts. I have focused on my traces the past while, finally got the stomach trace down actually, and such. Cut down on tosses, threw in a couple of stalls, and just tried to feel the music. I know it's not perfect, and not to toot my own horn, but I feel this video is beatiful. I have known for quite some while what my vision for this video was, and it came out very close. It is without a doubt my best video to date. And my friends, hopefully you read this and can relate to my passion; My passion for glowsticking. So, here it is: My Glowsticking Testiment.

Comments

Clockworkdroog ::: Favorites
Personally don't think it's that great, but it's just me. Granted, you have some good moves. Just when you chose to do em', doesn't really flow. Just my 2 cents though.
07-09-21 00:05:45
__________________________________________________
ginseng ::: Favorites
glowsticking in public is not the same as glowsticking to show off
07-09-11 21:04:21
__________________________________________________
Technotranceporter ::: Favorites
Anyway. This shit is tight as hell and totally old school. Way better than my jank ass shit!!
07-08-23 00:20:21
__________________________________________________
BlakcNinja ::: Favorites
No disrespect, but I don't agree. I'm not for battling of course (rave culture is for expression) but it is good to get our culture out into the open.
07-07-29 01:52:29
__________________________________________________
kore1989 ::: Favorites
I'm a little confused... GSc against what they think? They don't have to listen to GSc? I don't really understand what that means. Could you maybe put those into context or explain them for me? Also, you were part of GSc? Was there something you didn't like about it or what? What did you go by?
07-07-24 09:43:44
__________________________________________________
StealthAssasin1 ::: Favorites
i feel that, i was a member of thier site way back but i just read around and stuff. Well if you really get down to it its all perspective. If you dont glowstick in public then how will ppl know. Both pros and cons on each side but its all good. Theres no guidlines even though gsc is strongly against what they think. If this art is ment for expressing onse self then dont have to listen to gsc but its w.e. I feel what you say though.
07-07-16 19:07:17
__________________________________________________
kore1989 ::: Favorites
well, I'm gsc (glowsticking(dot)com) and we're strongly against glowsticking at school related events (talent show, dance, etc). Even if you say you're doing it for fun, deep down you're still doing it for props and popularity. Check out our site and read some of our articles to see what I'm talking about.
07-07-13 10:56:48
__________________________________________________
StealthAssasin1 ::: Favorites
you can glow stick anywhere u want man.. props just go with it. If theres a talent show and u wanna have fun and glow string then do that. Your not glow sticking for props, just for fun and props come with it. You never know, glowsticking in school events may inspire someone else to glowstick too. gj, keep it up
07-07-12 00:14:23
__________________________________________________
fred88die ::: Favorites
At least you could do freehand. I can only glowstring
07-06-27 17:25:26
__________________________________________________
irieantor ::: Favorites
work on your passes but everything else looks great
07-06-24 20:11:17
__________________________________________________

No comments: