Wednesday, October 17, 2007

City Of New Orleans ("Bluegrass Blitz" stunt guitar take)

Duration: 04:25 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-07-30 20:08:34
User: GuitaristInProgress
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

Here's a flashy, athletic "stunt guitar" take of City Of New Orleans by Steve Goodman, designed specifically to impress viewers age 13-18 who were raised by Grand Theft Auto. All those acrobatic bluegrass riffs and hypercaffeinated scale runs were improvised on the spot. Eat that, suckers. (Apologies to Arlo Guthrie.) As always, please pardon my singing voice. Folkies hold on, I've got another take with a little more feel and a little less flash somewhere on my hard drive. I'll post that soon.

Comments

cathead77 ::: Favorites
Never heard this song move like this! The guitar has a good tone! I love to hear songs changed up like this. Good job!!
07-09-08 23:21:02
__________________________________________________
GuitaristInProgress ::: Favorites
Ah, you found this vid before I had a chance to send it to you! Not exactly bluegrass - certainly a pale imitation compared to your vids - but as close as this raised-on-rock Long Island boy is likely to get, and I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the kudos!
07-09-09 03:51:07
__________________________________________________
rightsaidshane ::: Favorites
I'm a fan! wish I could flat pick worth a damn.....
07-08-10 16:15:09
__________________________________________________
GuitaristInProgress ::: Favorites
Funny, I wish I could fingerpick worth a damn. Grass is always greener. Actually I have an exercise I learned to pick like this with... just a standard bluegrass thing someone showed me that I played day in and day out for years. Once I clear my backlog of videos to upload, maybe I can post a lesson or something.
07-08-21 13:35:55
__________________________________________________

No comments: